This is the personal blog of Journalist/Essayist/Writerist Rachel Rabbit White. Rabbit is her real middle name.
Her stories have been featured in Cosmopolitan, The New York Observer, Jezebel, The Atlantic.com and lots of other places. Rachel’s work has taken her on a variety of adventures– from posing as a sugar baby, to being trained as an abortion doula to investigating allegations of prostitution at the nation’s oldest Latino drag bar. The latter of which earned her a spot in The Best Sex Writing of 2012 anthology. She lives in New York City with her husband, Edmund X White (sometimes referred to as Ned, a childhood nickname) and Finn, mostly referred to as “cat”.
As a blogger she founded the projects Lady Porn Day and No Make up Week and has been profiled by CNN, ABC.com, Aol, Huffington Post and more. It is this avenue that once led her to go on Korean national television wearing no make-up. She still has no idea what happened there.
- The New Radicals | New York Observer Abortion doulas and radical new pro-choice politics.
- Hanging By a Sequin| Gapers Block another version of this story appeared in Best Sex Writing of 2012 The Oldest Latino Drag Bar in the country faces protests, neighbors argue the club is a site of “transgender prostitution”. This is the story from its stars.
- Inside a Sugar Baby Party | Time Out New York
- I made out with a dude from The Pick-up Artist then Interviewed Him | Jezebel
- Only Straight White Women Allowed? | Alternet Inside the World of Egg Donation
- The Two Week Relationship |Nerve I interviewed my parents about their romance, before I was born
- Strike a Pose | Gapers Block New York may be famous for its Ballroom scene, but Chicago’s thriving underground was first.
- I dated a True Love Waits Christian | Personal Essay for The Frisky
- On Getting Married Young | Personal Essay for The Frisky
- Lesbian Sex changed my Definition of Straight Sex | Personal Essay for The Frisky
- The Old Masters | Gapers Block BDSM grows in popularity among senior citizens, I hang out with an old couple who have a penchant for edge-play.
- Relationship Styles at Occupy Wall Street | Time Out New York Polyamory and Monogamy at Occupy Wall Street
- Domestic Partnerships | Time Out New York
- Sex Party Round-up | Time Out New York
- The Secret Life of Jane | Sexis Magazine As part of my series “The Johns” at Sexis which interviewed men who buy sex. This one is on Women Sex Tourists
- Measuring-Up | Alternet How does America’s Penis Size obsession harm men?